The Connectional Lay Organization of the A.M.E. Church’s Promotion and eCommerce Development Committee (CLOPEDC) is looking for a new design that will enhance the organization’s brand. In order to engage our current members and attract new members, CLOPEDC announces a competition to create a design depicting the Connectional Lay Organization (CLO). The new design will be used on CLO memorabilia and gifts or anywhere else the CLO chooses. This document describes the official requirements and rules of the competition.
By entering, participants agree to be bound by these contest rules. Violating any rule or not following instructions may eliminate participants’ eligibility. The Connectional Lay Organization has the right to disqualify any entrant at any time at its sole discretion.
- The contest is open to students and AME members.
- Contestants are permitted to work in groups; however, only one (1) prize will be awarded regardless of group size.
Submission Guidelines and How to Enter
- The contest is open from 12:01 a.m. March 24, 2021 Central Standard Time (CST) and closes May 31, 2021, CST 11:59 p.m. Late submissions will not be considered. The winner will be selected and notified mid-March 2021.
- All entries must be submitted electronically to the CLOPEDC at AMECLAY@gmail.com. Submissions must include the full name(s) of the person(s) who created the design, name, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
- One or more submissions per person is acceptable.
- There is no fee to enter the contest.
CLO Design Guidelines and Parameters
The purpose of this contest is to create a design to be used by the CLO for scarves, stole, and ties.
The design should reflect the values of the CLO. This includes promoting the mission statement of CLO on page 470 of the Doctrine and Discipline of the AME Church.
The design should incorporate the CLO logo and/or Connectional Lay Organization name (abbreviated or spelled out)
The design must be appropriate for a professional business setting.
Entries must be submitted as JPEG or PNG files. For quality reproduction purposes, the winning entry must later be submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS). Color must be CMYK. Contestants are advised to avoid gradients and half-tones. The design must be easy to use, handle, resize, and manipulate for all reproduction purposes. It should be visually appealing on both small (as small as 2 cm x 2 cm) and large scales.
- Entrants affirm their submissions are their own original work, have not been copied from others or from previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
- SubmissionsbecomethesolepropertyoftheCLOandmaybeusedforany CLO purposes, including, but not limited to, display on websites, posters, and other materials.
- The CLO shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
- The CLO reserves the right to choose not to use the winning entry as described in these contest guidelines.
- The CLO reserves the right to use any other entry for promotional purposes in the future.
Determination of Winner and Prize
- The winning entry will be final, and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
- Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept prompting the contest, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above.
- The prize for the winning entry is $200.00 book scholarship and a sample of the memorabilia with the design . This prize remains the same regardless of the size of the team submitting the winning entry.
- The winner will be notified via email and announced on the CLO’s social media platforms.
- If the winner is determined to have violated any rules, he/she will be required to forfeit or return the prize, even if the determination is made after the prize has been awarded.
- CLO is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
- CLO reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest and award the prize by alternate means if fraud or technical failure is determined at any time by CLO, including after the submission window has closed.
- CLO is not liable, for the purpose of winner and prize notification and delivery, in the event the contest winner has provided incorrect, outdated, or otherwise invalid contact information.